24 September 2008

Day 29 of 365: Busted! (almost)



Yeah, so my tag is just *slightly* expired!! Got stopped by a cop (sitting a light next to me. He just was looking for something to do apparently!) He asked if I had a legal reason, and I told him "no, but perhaps a valid one!" I told him about being a teacher and working a second job (that I was coming home from just then!) He asked to see a school ID- which thank goodness I had it with me!!) and then said, well, if my license checked out, then we'd "talk".

A few minutes later, he came back to the car and said that his ex-wife was a middle school teacher so he knows what we get paid. He said normally he tows cars with expired tags this bad, not just give them a ticket! I got very lucky! He asked me when I planned on taking care of it and I said as soon as possible. He said if he saw me in 2 weeks still with the expired tags, he'd take the car! PHEW! I thanked him and shook his hand. LOL

Only regret- not taking a photo of the blue lights while he was behind me! Sorry for the blurry photo. I tried and tried to take a better photo but it wasn't working. No clue.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you are lucky...kind of like when we side-swiped a car in Wytheville (Brandy driving while we were arguing) and she didn't get a ticket nor did our insurance change!