23 October 2008

Day 58 of 365: Water theme of the week


Well, I tried. I have wanted to take a picture of the aquarium for a while now. In fact I tried to about 10 days ago, but the pictures didn't come out the way I wanted so I did something else for that day. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to apply polarizing filtering to my camera so the reflections are clearly visible. However, I was attempting to take a slow motion shot with the water moving from level to level. I've adjusted the contrast and brightness some to compensate for the longer exposure. If anything, I had fun experimenting even if the results aren't exactly what I envisioned.... Work in progress, I suppose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, try using a pair of sunglasses in front of the lens. I have read that this can work. Good try nonetheless!

Beth said...

Thanks, Mikey. Well I think that only works if the sunglasses are polarized! Pretty sure mine aren't (cheapo Target ones). I actually want to get a new camera.... but I'm trying to SAVE money, not spend more. D'oh!

Unknown said...

looks pretty good "beth the photographer" :D

Kate said...

My camera has an 'aquarium' setting - very weird. I have yet to try it!