11 February 2009

Day 169 of 365: Chuck!


Chuck is the organist for the Thrashers. Here he is in action! He also is the church organist at Mandy's friend Cathy's church on Sundays. We've known him for a couple of years now. (I know him through Mandy, of course). He has extra seats in his organ booth that he basically lets anyone sit in, first come first served! He sits right at the center of the middle balcony. I think these are the best seats in the house, to be honest. Last night we watched the 2nd period from this area. Always a blast, especially when he plays the "Let's go Jesus" chant song! (That's the words Mandy and I made up to go along with the "Let's go Thrashers" chant.) We are trying to convince Chuck to play it in church one Sunday!!!

4 comments:

The New Mrs. C said...

"Here we go, Jesus...here we go! WOOT WOOT!"

Beth said...

Hehe! He told me last night that he can't play it now without hearing me shouting Let's go Jesus! LOL

wcbell2075 said...

Nice photo...My full time job at the church is Director of Contemporary Worship, so I don't play the organ for the service anymore. For the last 5 years, I've played with a five piece rock/funk/pop/etc band each week instead! I look forward to more games with you sitting in the box...GO THRASHERS!!!!

Beth said...

Aww, Chuck, there go my plans for introducing Cathy like the hockey players (she'll come running out from the wings) with lights down and rock music playing! I'm not sure why that strikes me as funny!