01 January 2009

Day 128 of 365: Resolution kept

[From L-R: Elizabeth, Heather, Charles]

In the interest of starting the year off right, I decided to make sure I ran something on New Year's Day. So, when Elizabeth suggested we meet up for the Atlanta Track Club's yearly Resolution Run, I figured I'd give it a go. Discovered the night before that Heather was also going to do the run, so we made plans to meet up beforehand. They had 5 and 10K options- basically one or two loops of the course. I hate double loop courses and just did the 5k while everyone else did the 10k! I did pretty well (for me) despite my recent lack of training up until a week ago! After the race, we all headed over for lunch at TGI Fridays. This photo was taken after we'd all filled up on a nice meal! Definitely a great way to start the year. Hopefully a sign of things to come this year. :)

No comments: